CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome!

In an effort to keep our family blog, The Parker Pack, from being overrun by pregnancy photos and updates, I’ve started this blog, A Belly in Bloom, to record my voyage through these next 9 months. Check back often for belly pics, sonograms, and just general posts about Mom’s thoughts throughout this journey. Keep watching our original blog, The Parker Pack, to see videos, photos, and more from our day-to-day lives.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Babies everywhere!

Now that Aiden is aware of the fact that there is a baby growing in my tummy and that pregnant women with round tummies have babies in there, he suddenly believes that everyone with a round tummy has a baby growing in there. This can lead to some embarrassing moments in public.

"Mommy, does she have a baby growing in her tummy?"

"Mommy, look, her tummy is BIG! She has a baby in there!"

"Mommy, boys can't have babies in their tummies. Why is that man's belly so BIG?"

Needless to say, I hold my breath every time an overweight person walks by when we're in public! It is so mortifying, and I'm never sure quite what to say! I usually end up saying something like "People come in all shapes and sizes, and only some girls have babies in their tummies" while walking away as quickly as possible and praying that the person he was referring to didn't hear! I really don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt and I have no idea what to say that would make the situation better, not worse. Hopefully Aiden's outspokenness about pregnant bellies will subside soon!

0 comments: