CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome!

In an effort to keep our family blog, The Parker Pack, from being overrun by pregnancy photos and updates, I’ve started this blog, A Belly in Bloom, to record my voyage through these next 9 months. Check back often for belly pics, sonograms, and just general posts about Mom’s thoughts throughout this journey. Keep watching our original blog, The Parker Pack, to see videos, photos, and more from our day-to-day lives.

Monday, April 7, 2008

I forgot...

...how miserable this is. The exhaustion, the nausea and vomiting, the frequent trips to the bathroom, the sore boobs. Pregnancy can be SO miserable in the beginning.

Yes, that's right. We're PREGNANT!

The Bean is due to arrive November 17th. (Aiden's nickname in utero was "Peanut" so we had to have something new, hence, The Bean). We attended our 8 week prenatal appointment today and all is well. The Bean looks like, well, a bean, measures right on track, and has a heartbeat. Aiden attended this appointment with us and was thrilled to see "his" baby on the ultrasound screen. The pregnancy is still in the early stages, so we are still worried and praying that things will continue on track, but since Aiden isn't so great about keeping a secret (everyone at his school and all of our neighbors have been told), we figure we might as well make the public announcement!

So far, this pregnancy has been different from my experience with Aiden. I'm much sicker this time around. Before, I mostly just felt nauseated, but I rarely threw up. This time around, I rise to spend my mornings hugging the toilet and even spend some of my evenings doing the same. My pants have already begun to get tight and my belly shows a little--MONTHS earlier than last time around, even though I've only gained 1 pound. I'm much more tired and run down, too--probably because I spend my days chasing Aiden! Don't tell The Bean, but I even spend hours at a time in which I never even think about the fact that I'm pregnant. With Aiden, it was all I could think about, but this time around, it seems to just hit me at quiet moments. I'm excited, but it isn't nearly as consuming this time--I'm just too busy raising the child I have to really obsess about the one I'm growing!

We're all very thrilled about adding a new member to the family. Check back often or sign up to be emailed when this page updates--I'll be posting pics and news and updates frequently, so stay tuned!

0 comments: